Born Again for Love
1 Peter 1:22-2:3
- What does it mean to fervently love one another?
- What it is not.
- What it is.
- How are we made capable to love in this way?
- Only by __________ (being born again).
- Only by ongoing __________ (sanctification).
- How does God use the gospel to bring this about?
- The Holy Spirit uses the gospel to bring ______ to dead souls.
- The Holy Spirit uses the gospel to bring ________ to believers.
Our times of reflection* may take many forms but here are a few suggestions:
- Think about one or two things from the message that struck you by reviewing your notes or this outline.
- What did you learn (or re-learn) about who God is, about who you are, about the person and work of Christ, about how God wants to change you?
- Did this message reveal any wrong thinking or any attitudes or behaviors that are not Christlike?
- What steps can you take to put into practice what you’ve heard?
Don’t be afraid to quietly discuss these things with your family or a friend during this time.
* Reflection is defined as “serious thought or consideration”.