A Ministry of Cornerstone Berean Church
Christ-Centered Learning Environment
Caring and Loving Teachers
Well-Balanced Spiritual and Academic Program
Mission Statement - To glorify God through Jesus Christ by providing our community with a Christ-centered preschool program that fosters spiritual, academic, social, emotional, and physical growth.
The Child - A Christ-centered preschool has the opportunity to provide a well-grounded, biblically-based learning experience for any child. Through daily curriculum we focus on simple memorization, biblical stories, bible songs and the message of Christ’s birth, death and resurrection.Proverbs 22:6 states, “Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” We believe that by building a solid biblical and academic foundation starting at a young age, it helps enable the child to know who Christ is and to successfully transition into any elementary school.
The Parent - At this young age, we realize the importance of the parent’s role in education. It is our hope that we work as a team to build a firm academic foundation for your child before he or she enters elementary school. We desire for the parents of our students to be directly involved with the preschool. We will accomplish this by having parent-teacher conferences, field trips, classroom volunteers, music programs and home activities.
The preschool is in session 3 days each week: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.These are chosen to best assist your child into transitioning into a five-day elementary school program. Morning Session:8:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Afternoon Session: 12:00 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
Little Beginnings Preschool does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, or biological sex in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or other school-administered programs. Enrollment is open to children who reach the age of four before July 31st. However, prospective preschool students who do not meet the age enrollment requirement my be considered for enrollment by the Preschool Director and Head Teacher if they reach the age of four on or before October 31st.
Tuition and Fees
Monthly tuition will be $100.00 per student and will be due on the first school day of each month. A nonrefundable registration fee of $35.00 is required at the time of registration in order to reserve a place for your child. A one-time snack fee of $25.00 is due with the first tuition payment.
Little Beginnings Preschool has a strong emphasis on academic, social, physical and spiritual growth. Through a wide variety of daily activities each child has an opportunity to excel in all areas that are vitally important before entering elementary school.
God created the world and everything in it. Every academic subject that is taught contains a biblical/spiritual link that is directly incorporated within each concept and or skill.
Our curriculum will contain the eight core areas:
- Bible- Children have a daily Bible lesson, worship time, and memory verse.
- Language & Literacy- Through stories, direct instruction and creative play, children learn to read and write the alphabet and are exposed to literature on a daily basis.
- Math- Children learn math concepts that include: colors, shapes and numbers, patterning, graphing, measurement, and time.
- Science- Through books, hands-on experiments and independent discovery, children learn how things work and about the world around them.
- Social Studies- Children learn about being a friend, sharing, manners, safety, important people in our community that help us and explore how people lived in the past.
- Art- Using a variety of art materials, children have the opportunity to foster creativity while refining their fine motor skills.
- Physical Development- Children participate in activities that work on both large and fine motor skills.
- Music- Children sing, play instruments, and learn about rhythm, dynamics, melody and movement.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Opening Activity & Centers
- Calendar & Carpet Time
- Bible Lesson & Worship
- Language & Literacy
- Physical Education & Music
- *Social Studies
*These areas of study are only taught one day per week, however, they are available for the children to explore during center time. Centers allow children to make choices in how they interact with others, where and what they do, and is a great tool to foster creativity through imaginary play. Many of the centers are academically focused containing a wide variety of hands-on activities and manipulatives. The following centers are available: math, science, writing, reading, house, and building.
For an application, more information, or a preschool tour please call Sara Waddel at (308) 646-3331 or e-mail at email@example.com.